Front-End Web Developer
- to build open-source cloud-based solutions for a science data portal,
- to contribute to science and healthcare,
- to work in a small team of developers and scientists utilizing state of the art big data technologies and following best practises,
- to create new data visualization and exploration tools,
- to contribute to all phases of software development: systems analysis, design, development, and implementation,
- to take courses at the Harvard Extension school at very reasonable costs (up to you),
- to enjoy other excellent benefits Harvard University has to offer.
We are the 4D Nucleome (4DN) Data Coordination and Integration Center (DCIC) at the Department of Biomedical Informatics (DBMI), Harvard Medical School (HMS).
- HMS: Excellent benefits, outstanding opportunities for learning, great resources, name recognition.
- DBMI: a vibrant community of scientists and developers whose goal is to advance the boundaries of knowledge. For our developers, the department is like an incubator.
- DCIC: This is us; a small team building the core data management and analysis framework of 4DN, making sure that the data from the network will be accessible to scientists around the world. The working environment provides the best features of a startup: fast pace, flexibility, flat hierarchies.
- 4DN: An exciting NIH initiative to understand the structure of the cell nucleus and its implications for cancer.
Technologies we use:
- AWS (lambdas, step functions, and all the other cool stuff)
- RESTful API
- Git / JIRA
- Travis / Cypress / Codacy
- Docker / CWL
Check us out:
Required skills & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics or related field and 3 years’ related experience.
- Experience in developing and testing web-based applications.
- Experience with ReactJS.
- Strong Python development skills.
- Experience with version control systems and team software development (preferably Git).
- Cloud computing architectures (preferably with Amazon Web Services).
- Previous experience working in an academic environment.
- Ability to work independently, manage own time and learn quickly.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Automated testing, Continuous integration/deployment.
A cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.